- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
The geology and geophysics program presented the following 2009 winners of student awards with plaques and $500 scholarships during the Homecoming Banquet on Oct. 22:
- Mohamed Zobaa, Outstanding Graduate Scholar
- Janet Raymer and Devon Rumbaugh, Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistants
- Trevor Bollmann, Undergraduate Student Award for Service
- Ali Atef, Publication Award.
Other winners included:
- Kathryn Boardman, the Sheldon Kerry Grant Field Camp Award, which included a plaque, a $250 scholarship and a Brunton compass
- Carlos Sanchez Botero, the 2009-2010 Alfred Spreng Graduate Research Award of $1000
- Ashley Shockley, the 2009-2010 Alfred Spreng Undergraduate Research Award of $500.
Alan Kornacki, a 1974 geology and geophysics graduate, endowed the Spreng awards with matching funds from Shell Oil Co. in 2007.