- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
Dinner to Jazz
The campus community is invited to celebrate Black History Month at the following events:
- Black History Month Celebration: 7-10 p.m. Friday, Feb. 22, in St. Pat’s Ballroom of the Havener Center. “Harlem Nights Casino” is the theme. Join students for a comedy set performed by Nick Nichols, a comedian and S&T alumnus, plus games, food, music and raffles.
- Dinner to Jazz: 6-8:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 23, in Hasselmann Alumni House. This year’s theme is “Gatsby Noire” and will include dinner, dancing, poetry and singing performances. Tickets cost $30 for S&T students and $35 for non-S&T students. Formal attire is suggested. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for ticket information.
You’re invited to celebrate Black History Month with campus events throughout the month, focusing on the theme of “Black History in the Making.” Events will include:
- Black History Kickoff: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 1, in the Havener Center atrium. Engage with student organizations and celebrate Black history while supporting an inclusive future.
- The Black Renaissance: 6-8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 23, in St. Pat’s Ballroom of the Havener Center. Join students for a showcase of music and art and hear a keynote address by Anitra Rivera, director of student diversity initiatives. Attendees can bring a non-perishable food item to donate to the student diversity initiatives food pantry.
- Dinner to Jazz: 7-9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 24, in St. Pat’s Ballroom. This year’s theme is “A Southern Taste” and will include dancing, poetry and singing performances, as well as dinner. Advance tickets are $20 for S&T students and $25 for non-S&T students until Wednesday, Feb. 14. Beginning Thursday, Feb. 15, ticket prices rise by $5. Cocktail attire is suggested for attendees. For tickets, please email email@example.com.