- Coronavirus News
- Student News
- Submit News
The Educational Assistance and Tuition Reduction Program is available to eligible employees, their spouse and dependents, and retirees. In March 2020, the UM System Office of Human Resources updated its request process for the program. To request the benefit, participants must submit a request form for each semester by the semester deadline, outlined below.
The due dates for requesting assistance are:
- Oct. 1 for the fall semester
- March 1 for the spring semester
- July 1 for the summer semester.
Please be aware of the following when requesting educational assistance:
- Requests must be submitted for each semester. Forms may be submitted for the current semester and one semester in advance.
- The request form is available online and completed electronically. No supervisor or department signatures are required.
- The Educational Assistance and Tuition Reduction benefits may be taxable; for additional details, see provision II.D in the HR Policy Manual HR-303: Educational Assistance and Tuition Reduction Program.
To access the request form and for more information, visit the tuition assistance webpage. Full policy provisions are described in HR-303: Educational Assistance and Tuition Reduction Program and the corresponding questions and answers.