The Fall 2017 Accent Modification Program (AMP) is open to ranked tenure and tenure-track faculty in teaching positions. The classes are designed to advance cultural diversity and understanding by improving overall communication between students and faculty, increasing active participation in campus dialogue, and by promoting confident communication.
- Improve overall presentation skills
- Improve voice projection in the classroom
- Improve American intonation skills
- Improve pronunciation of difficult American vowels and consonants
- Improve classroom management skills
- Improve electronic communication skills
The free classes are conducted on an individual basis for 14 weeks and scheduled at the convenience of the participant. All materials are provided. For more information or to enroll, please contact Vicki Hopgood, speech and language pathologist, at email@example.com.