Day: March 6, 2017
Learn how the innovators of today are facing the challenges of tomorrow at a TEDx talk hosted by Missouri S&T 6-9 p.m. Thursday, April 6, in Leach Theatre. Of the eight speakers, four are faculty or staff members at Missouri S&T. Speakers and their topics will include:
- “The Power of School Breakfast” by Jon Barry, director of No Kid Hungry Missouri
- “Time Travel — One Second at A Time” by Terry Barner, senior video producer in marketing and communications at Missouri S&T
- “Rethinking Plants for Engineering” by Dr. Joel Burken, Curators’ Distinguished Professor and chair of civil, architectural and environmental engineering at Missouri S&T
Start your St. Pat’s Celebration early this year by attending the St. Pat’s Ball. Sponsored by Missouri S&T Coterie, the event will be held Saturday, March 11, in the St. Pat’s Ballroom of the Havener Center. The event begins with a reception at 6 p.m. A four-course meal begins at 7 p.m. followed by a dance with music by Syner-Gee. To sign up or for more information, visit Coterie’s website.Read More »
Missouri S&T students, faculty and staff are invited to volunteer for the Gonzo Gives Back Day of Service Thursday, March 16. Check-in will start at 7:45 a.m. and participants will perform service projects 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Donuts and T-shirts will be provided to volunteers while supplies last. St. Pat’s points are associated with this event. Register to volunteer on Org Sync. For a list of community partners for service projects, visit the student life website.Read More »
As we approach St. Pat’s festivities, Missouri S&T’s University Police would like to offer the following information pertaining to alcohol safety.
Consider not drinking at all.
If you decide to drink:
- Plan your drinking. Think about how much you want to drink before you drink.
- Take care of yourself. Don’t put yourself in a situation where other people might have to take care of you.
- Don’t ever force or pressure anyone to drink.
- Know when you have had enough.
- Never leave your drinks unattended.
- Designate a sober driver.
Instructors will receive an email with a link for summer and fall textbook adoptions on Tuesday, March 7. Timely textbook adoptions mean more money for students at sell-back, less expensive textbooks and fully stocked shelves on the first day of class. If you need assistance, please contact David Wilson, textbook manager for The S&T Store. Adoptions are due by Friday, April 14.Read More »
The Miner Alumni Association’s Student Leadership Award Endowed Scholarship is a $2,000 scholarship awarded to two students who demonstrate academic excellence, service to the campus and community, personal objectives and goals, potential and quality recommendations. If you know a student you think would be a good fit for this scholarship, please direct them to www.mineralumni.com/SLAES for application details. Applications must be received through Academic Works by Thursday, April 6, 2017.Read More »